After the library closed Saturday night, September 12th, it was reopened to several hundred curious library guests who were ready to discover the library in a new and eventful way.
The evening was filled with experiences provided by library staff as the many treasures our library has to offer were explored.
Those experiences included:
- taking an exclusive walking tour of the stained glass windows,
- joining a cast of supporters as they created “Why I love my library” videos in the screencasting room
- being delighted as they discovered the library’s best kept art treasures
- grabbing a prop and smiling in the photo booth
- seeing the latest design printing in the 3-D printer
- being a kid again while participating in one of the kids activities
- watching the “AMH” automated book return machine as it checks in and sorts books
- exploring the latest exhibits in the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery
- sneaking a peak at the bookmobiles in the bus barn, and
- trying to stump our librarians at our neighborhood block party.
The event was co-sponsored by CoreFirst Bank & Trust and Investment Services and The Library Foundation as a way to update the library supporters on what the library is doing and to create an interest in new potential supporters of the library.
After the evening, Becky Holmquist, chair of The Library Foundation exclaimed, “I am blown away by our library staff – there is such positive energy and attitude from each of them, and that’s in addition to their many talents. We are very fortunate to have such a quality team.”
Your library has so much to offer! If you are interested in a personal library tour, please contact us at (785) 580-4498.